Music Therapy Goal AreasMusic therapy can address needs in a wide variety of non-musical goal areas. Listed below are just a few examples of goals we address in our music therapy sessions each week.
- Emotional Regulation: Learning to identify one’s own emotions and the emotions of others.
- Coping Skills: Developing positive coping tools to relieve stress, anxiety, and mood disruption.
- Executive Functioning: Incorporating organization skills, memory support, and cognitive tasks into musical experiences.
- Communication Skills: Encouraging verbal and non-verbal communication through reciprocal play.
- Sensory Integration: Experiencing new sensory input through auditory and tactile experiences.
- Social Skills: Learning greetings, goodbyes, and appropriate social boundaries.
- Daily Living Skills: Developing routines for daily living skills including hand washing, teeth brushing, and dressing.
Would you like to know more about our music therapy services?
Give us a call at (269)329-0730, send us a message on our Facebook page, or fill out a music therapy interest form on our website. We are always glad to answer your questions.Contact Us